Aldeia da Margarida - An invitation to slow down and recover energy in the tranquility of Nature!
In the north of Portugal, one hour from Porto, in the parish of Tarouquela, in Cinfães do Douro, on the left bank of the Douro River, Aldeia da Margarida was born.
Daisy is a symbol of peace, purity, affection and reflection. Exactly what this hideaway will bring you…
Return to your origins with a true appeal to the senses…
Disconnect from the frenetic daily rhythm and immerse yourself in a setting of tranquility, purity and surprising landscapes. Feel and get in touch with Nature. Discover the surprising surrounding landscape and get in touch with all the animal diversity of the region.
Promote an enriching experience for the little ones and provide them with truly unforgettable moments, rare these days, which they will undoubtedly reserve in their memories.
Enjoy, in an exclusive way, the genuine flavors of traditional Portuguese cuisine, made with products from our organic garden and our land, as well as a good vinho verde.
Set out to discover truly inspiring places…
Glimpse the contrast between the mountains and the river. From the highest point, in the Montemuro mountain range, to the imposing Douro river, passing through the extraordinary beauty of the Bestança valley or the Paiva river… There are plenty of reasons to visit this stunning territory.
Venture along the mountain biking trails or hiking trails in the Montemuro mountain range and discover the hidden and beautiful villages of Gralheira, Vale de Papas, Bustelo da Laje and Aveloso.
At the top of the mountain, enjoy the practice of Yoga next to the sanctuary of S. Pedro do Campo, forming a bucolic setting of great beauty, in the landscape of the Montemuro mountain range.
Take a trip to the Middle Ages, following the indications of the Route of the Romanesque
Discover the traditions, uses and customs of the municipality at the Quinta da Granja Ethnographic Museum.
The famous Paiva Walkways and Ponte 516, the longest suspended pedestrian bridge in the world, are about 20 minutes away.
At the end of the day, we are waiting for you in our Village. Cool off with a dip in our outdoor swimming pool. Make yourself comfortable in our suites and feel the harmony between the minimalist decor, with a touch of modernity, and the beautiful natural surroundings.
Feel the simple things in life. Feel the here and now.
Intensely enjoy a magical setting and pure, light and free air, as never before appreciated so much…
We are waiting for you!
Main measures implemented:
- Before their arrival, our guests can pre-check-in online, reducing the waiting time at reception
- Disinfectant Gel Dispensers at various points in Aldeia da Margarida
- Daily frequent disinfection of contact objects
- Dining spaces reduced by 50% of their capacity to ensure a minimum safety distance of 2 meters between tables of different groups
- Paper menus have been replaced by digital QR Code menus
- Contactless or MBWay payment is encouraged
- We favor outdoor dining in our outdoor spaces
- We dispensed with the buffet service and now all meals are made à la carte, requiring advance reservations
- We have a special concern with cleaning the rooms, carrying out aeration and disinfection before the entry of new guests
- Our properly equipped employees carry out a rigorous and thorough disinfection with the appropriate materials
- At the swimming pool, we guarantee a minimum safety distance between the sun loungers of 3 meters, as well as an effective disinfection between customers.
- In short, we have taken all the necessary hygiene measures and we can guarantee that our team is prepared to welcome you with the maximum safety and friendliness ever.
In this way, we hope that Aldeia da Margarida can earn your trust.